Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I love it!! This thread is right up my alley. Ive been a brewer for about 9 years now, and have made my share of kegerators, and temperature controlled fridges, etc.. If it holds 3 to 5 kegs, then you built it out of a large chest freezer, or is it an actual keg fridge, and your just making the taps? Either way the towers look nice, now its time to weld up some wicked tap handles.
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

Default industrial Dairy cooler

It is actually an industrial dairy cooler from my old high school. (The kind that you put crates of those little milk cartons in) They were throwing it out because the compressor went bad. A $150 fix for a $2600 fridge!
    kegerator.jpg
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

Need an apprentice? (for helping drink the beer-not for welding)

I picked up an old soda machine for my shop. Holds plenty of beer and sodas for they guys when we are out in the shop. Its set so a dime just cycles through, put it in the slot falls right into the return and you got a beer.

Cool project. Does Miller make tap handles???

Quote Originally Posted by Larwyn View Post
    Looks good......I guess the Budwiser is for when you don't want to drink beer?
    Perhaps the Budweiser is for watering the plants and to mop the shop floor with?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by jessehornberger View Post
    It is actually an industrial dairy cooler from my old high school. (The kind that you put crates of those little milk cartons in) They were throwing it out because the compressor went bad. A $150 fix for a $2600 fridge!
    kegerator.jpg

I actually have one of these at work that is getting replaced on Mon. It freezes everything so they gave up on it. I might have to rethink what to do with this one now.

This is a very good example of the best use of a talented welder,impressive!
    Now can anyone tell me why I have to re-log in every time I reply to a thread?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fornra View Post
    This is a very good example of the best use of a talented welder,impressive!
    Now can anyone tell me why I have to re-log in every time I reply to a thread?
    Did you check the little sq box to keep you logged on???...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default 3 beer towers!

Built the 3 towers! Still need to get the beer shank for the 3rd. I also resurfaced the fridge with a flap wheel to hide the years of abuse.
    3 towers.jpg
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer