Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Syncrowave 350 just quit

Hi all, I am hoping someone may be able to help, I have an older 350 syncrowave TIG machine and now all runs but no arc, a very weak one is barely visible, foot pedal checks out, coolant is pumping to torch, all connections checked and tightened continuity checks done, does the same in AC, electrode positive or electrode negative, registers 72 volts on the front gauge, points reset, not sure what else except circuit board and I am not sure if that can be tested. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

OK, I'm a Miller CST tech. I go through the online tech manuals to find the problem and hopefully answer it quickly and correctly. Course that doesn't happen all then time.... Onan engines for example...

But I can't even start without the SERIAL number

Default Syncrowave 350 just quit

Serial number is KC214479 Thank you

Going to have to try it on stick. I think your conduit in your tig torch is pooched

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    OK, I'm a Miller CST tech. I go through the online tech manuals to find the problem and hopefully answer it quickly and correctly. Course that doesn't happen all then time.... Onan engines for example...

But I can't even start without the SERIAL number
    How does one access online tech manuals?

Going to have to try it on stick. I think your conduit in your tig torch is pooched
    even when water is pumping to torch? Is that mean the torch is bad? sorry I am new to TIG and these machines,

Well yes, conduit tends to wear out, water flowing or not, torch will still wear out. I mean you have 72 volts when you hit the pedal of open circuit voltage and very little to no output. So test it in stick mode, that'll tell us right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    How does one access online tech manuals?
    Hmmm, you spend all your life fixing welders and spend literally thousands of dollars taking factory courses. Thats how you access tech manuals.

Well yes, conduit tends to wear out, water flowing or not, torch will still wear out. I mean you have 72 volts when you hit the pedal of open circuit voltage and very little to no output. So test it in stick mode, that'll tell us right away.
    OK, now how do I do that? Thank you

He is saying to try to use the machine to stick weld. This will verify the power source is functioning properly.