Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hay bale heater

I HAVE A WELDER< CUTTING TORCH< AND A B.F.H. IT WILL FIT!!!
    MILLER BLUE STAR 2E AC/DC
    I'll will build my shop back!! slowly

Prairie Farm Report did a show on farm shop and had a heater just like you are talking about. A whole bale fit in there and if my memory is right the guy had 2 bales in it. It heated his house, shop and something else. If you go to Farmvideos.com you would be able to buy it.
    Mac_ND
    Miller Big 40
    Miiler Bobcat 225

thank-you for the info

came across this, is this you?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...LOWGlmmZPeG0nA

You might want to contact this guy, he's the inventor.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...9O0ROA53kQwrEg
    Last edited by FabTech; 02-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Fab Tech

I've tried to get ahold of that guy in joplin never got anything back....
    That other website blocked me because I promote animal curlity because I sale little fuzzy wabbits for meat

Default Curious how the numbers run on this..

This is an interesting heating system, How you would estimate the cost on this unit including labor involved with construction (including materials) , loading time, maintenance and hay cost. would be interesting..

I use natural gas radiant tube heat , last months temps was -25(nights) 32(days) my heating bill was only $165/month for a well insulated 2200Sq/ft shop with 12' walls heated to 65*

My system requires no labor and an annual dust-off prior to using.. I know of people with (free)waste oil heaters that avg an hr/day transferring oil, cleaning the unit ect. that avgs out to about 2k/month in lost shop time.. not so free is it?
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

I'm still working on the heater...so far I spent $500 on the tank( 6'x30' underground fuel tank 1/4" thick walls) The hay I have traded all the rabbit waste to a rancher by my house for all the hay that I need... Loading won't be much of a hassel I have to fire up the tractor every day to take care of the other livestock. Clean out.. I have came up with a scraper for the ash that I just have to pull out put tractor bucket up to opening of the stove and ash will fall into it. Then push it back in until next time.. spread ash on my graze land for grass next spring.... I ranch for a living now I weld to pass the spare time I have wich is not much....lol..
    As for the little extra work I have to do dose not brother me....
    After welding for 20 years this ranch life ain't bad...... not try to step on any toes here...

Quote Originally Posted by damianarabbitry View Post
    .... not try to step on any toes here...
    Same here..

I want an update on this system and some pics when it is working..
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!