Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bobcat dolly

Default Bobcat dolly

Hi all
    I got new 225 bobcat a few weeks back, just getting around to makeing a cart.
    Iam thinking roll bars with cable wraps. wheels that will roll outside , a hitch to hook-up to the lawn tractor or 4 wheeler and a T bar for moveing it a round in the shop. extra room on the cart for tool box or plasma or tanks ( for tig or o/a ).
    tool tray, fire extinguisher and or water can. Anything else?

My master plan is to make this dolly and then someday down the road make a welding rig trailer, and put this welder dolly on it.
    here what I got so far ... the front axle kicking my a$$
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default "4-Wheeling"

Quote Originally Posted by TIGMUSKY View Post
    Hi all
    I got new 225 bobcat a few weeks back, just getting around to makeing a cart.
    Iam thinking roll bars with cable wraps. wheels that will roll outside , a hitch to hook-up to the lawn tractor or 4 wheeler and a T bar for moveing it a round in the shop. extra room on the cart for tool box or plasma or tanks ( for tig or o/a ).
    tool tray, fire extinguisher and or water can. Anything else?

My master plan is to make this dolly and then someday down the road make a welding rig trailer, and put this welder dolly on it.
    here what I got so far ... the front axle kicking my a$$
    Looks real good. Those rod keepers going to stay in when you pull it up a grade?
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

If you can on the back you should try to put the base stanof the bottle 1 inch from the ground, by cutting the base with 2 slots and welding a new base lower. Your cut out will act as another saddle for the battle.
    It's always good to try to keep your bottle as low to the ground as possible.
    They can be tippy sideways.

I probably wouldn't have messed with the tig rods thingys, looks great but you don't need every single thing that can be thought of on it normally unless its a dedicated unit to hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    Looks real good. Those rod keepers going to stay in when you pull it up a grade?
    I just got the door done. I'll post some pics later tonight .