Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default magnetic welding table

is it possible to make a welding table magnetic or electromagnetic? I am welding many small pieces of steel together and I thought it might save time and steady the stock material if the table was magnetized from underneath. (lincoln wire feed mig)

Quote Originally Posted by bigcarbonfootprint View Post
    is it possible to make a welding table magnetic or electromagnetic? I am welding many small pieces of steel together and I thought it might save time and steady the stock material if the table was magnetized from underneath. (lincoln wire feed mig)
    Sure there are many ways to make a welding table magnetic, but before you try such an endeavor you might want to weld around a magnet. If you have never done this before, it is a most enjoyable treat...

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
    Sure there are many ways to make a welding table magnetic, but before you try such an endeavor you might want to weld around a magnet. If you have never done this before, it is a most enjoyable treat...
    lol

the most fun can be had with some seriously magnetized 6 inch drill pipe when you're on a ladder and it's an overhead stick weld on a windy day.LOL

Default hmm

if its repetitive i would make some jigs or something. small pieces and magnets can be quite frustrating to say the least you could also make some mini magnets with some small magnets and epoxy or you could try one of the snake type magnets with the roach clip on the end
    Last edited by umahunter; 01-24-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by umahunter View Post
    roach clip
    LOL, haven't heard that in a long time..
    Miller PassPort Plus
    Miller Spoolmate 100
    Kenworth W900
    Fontaine Renegade LXT40 LowBoy
    Kobota D1005 W / Meccalte 10KW Generator End
    Heart
    Desire
    www.truckerwarren.com