Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Acklands welders built by Miller?

I just found an Acklands model N-300 DC/CP/MA welder for sale. I have been told that Miller built these welders for Acklands Grainger and that they are identical to miller models. Does anyone know if this is true? If so is there a way to cross reference this machine to a Miller branded machine and thereby obtain a service/owners manual? Thanks very much for any replies.
    Cliff

If you have a picture maybe someone would recognize it.

Careful if you are planning on buying it. Some of Millers old '300' series were 100% duty cycle 300Amp machines and often 3 phase.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

Its an MP30E, 3 phase cv only powersourse for a feeder. kinda old but die hard machines, really nice arc.

Miller built many machines for Acklands-Grainger over the years. Many of them came in orange color.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Ironworker Welder
    Operating engineer
    Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Default Hey, we can help!

Cliff, my name is Sandro Verrelli, VP Sales & Marketing with Acklands-Grainger. It's true, Miller did produce welding machines for us for many years... in a stunning "Acklands Orange" finish! As most of our machines were virtually identical to the 'Miller blue' models, it's likely that we'll be able to track down the service manual for you. We have some of our folks looking into this now and should have an answer for you shortly. We'll post our response in this forum or feel free to contact me directly at verrellis@agi.ca so that we can get you what you need directly.
    Have a safe day!
    Sandro

Default Service Manual Available!

Cliff, we've located the service manual for the machine you found. If you send me your mailing address, we'll get a copy out to you right away. You can reach me at Acklands-Grainger through email at verrellis@agi.ca or at 905-709-5534.
    Thanks and have a safe day!
    Sandro

[QUOTE=Sandro:256617]Cliff, we've located the service manual for the machine you found. If you send me your mailing address, we'll get a copy out to you right away. You can reach me at Acklands-Grainger through email at verrellis@agi.ca or at 905-709-5534.
    Sandro

A+ on customer service here! . Right to the point, just like that. The way things should be

Default Re acklands grainger welders by miller

[QUOTE=weldonwelding;306277]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandro:256617
    Cliff, we've located the service manual for the machine you found. If you send me your mailing address, we'll get a copy out to you right away. You can reach me at Acklands-Grainger through email at verrellis@agi.ca or at 905-709-5534.
    Sandro

A+ on customer service here! . Right to the point, just like that. The way things should be
    Just for future reference ,i have an acklands Midget mig welder,if i go to the miller manuals on line and type in my serial # it directs you to the service manual for the miller 70 amp cricket mig welder,which is an exact match except for color so try the serial # if you suspect your machine is a miller