Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I received the Miller Coolmate1 cooler today and fabricated a shelf for the cooler to sit on.
    I painted it and will be able to post photos tomorrow.

It will not look like you expect.

Today I installed the water cooler and some of the lines.
    I had the torch and the adapter / solenoid but apparently I was told by a Miller tech that I still need two more 5/8 fittings, (one union) but when I look at it all, it seems that a "T" fitting and hose will also be needed.

The water cooler shelf is made from 14 ga. and is 2 inches high. It is 8 inches wide and 20 inches in length.

The handbook that came with the water cooler only shows schematic hook ups for water cooling on a wire feed welder, and GTAW with inverter welding machine.
    Nothing else.

I have never had trouble before and never needed help with hooking up a water cooler but this seems more complicated.

I put the water fill on the side of the machine because if it was facing forward
    water could get spilled or leaked onto the control panel of the welding power source. The vent facing forward is exhaust warm air from the cooler.
    Air intake is in the rear of the machine.

The red wire on photo 3 laying near the floor is a ground wire to the welding machine cabinet a grounding rod for HF protection as shown in the manual.
    I will shrink wrap it with green and mark it ground.

There will enough room on top of the machine for two trays. One for my welding helmet and one tray for welding accessories. I am making those as we speak. Photos coming.
    Then I will move onto a system for holding my filler wires.
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 02-02-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: additional info.

Thumbs up

OK...Figured it out.
    In addition to the solenoid adapter, and water cooled torch, and water cooler
    You will need these 3 parts for connecting a Miller Coolmate 1 water cooler to the Miller Syncrowave 200.

ONE R/H female to female 5/8-18 coupler to hook the gas hose from the regulator on the argon tank to the short hose on the adapter/solenoid gas out connection.

ONE L/H coupler female to female 5/8-18 to connect the short hose from the adapter/solenoid to a 3 foot hose to the water return on the cooler upper fitting/

ONE 3 foot water cooler hose 3 feet with 5/8-18 L/H male fittings on each end. 1/4 inch hose barbs and 1/4 inch hose.
    LIST:
    Part # coupling female /female AW430
    Part # coupling female/female AW 431
    And water return hose with two male L/H threads 5/8-18

You are done!
    This is the CORRECT DIAGRAM
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 02-07-2011 at 08:08 AM.

[QUOTE=Donald Branscom;257283]OK...Figured it out.
    In addition to the solenoid adapter, and water cooled torch, and water cooler
    You will need these 3 parts for connecting a Miller Coolmate 1 water cooler to the Miller Syncrowave 200.

ONE R/H female to female 5/8-18 coupler to hook the gas hose from the regulator on the argon tank to the short hose on the adapter/solenoid gas out connection.

ONE L/H coupler female to female 5/8-18 to connect the short hose from the adapter/solenoid to a 3 foot hose to the water return on the cooler upper fitting/

ONE 3 foot water cooler hose 3 feet with 5/8-18 L/H male fittings on each end. 1/4 inch hose barbs and 1/4 inch hose.
    LIST:
    Part # coupling female /female AW430
    Part # coupling female/female AW 431
    And water return hose with two male L/H threads 5/8-18

You are done!

This is the Correct Diagram
    Last edited by Donald Branscom; 02-07-2011 at 08:09 AM.