Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Question for Cruizer on diesel fuel conditioner

Cruizer,what is the best diesel fuel conditioner to use in the fuel. I`ve always used Stanadyne Performance Formula,it`s the all season diesel fuel conditioner. I use this year round and usually add about 50% more than recommended for added insurance. I want to use what`s best for year around use. The reason I settled on this is I own John Deere equipment,and my dealer sells this. I`ve found out long ago that anything John Deere sells is a quality product,but if there is anything better I want to use it. Thanks for any input.

Actually, I prefer the guys NOT use any type of fuel conditioner that does not burn, as in most conditioners, the antigel qualitys to not tend to actually burn. Too many machines come in that simply do not start if too much "conditioner" is dumped into the tank.

If it has some sort of Cetane boost, you can be guarenteed that it burns. i'd imagine that Standynes is good, however, for the past couple of years, We've been promoting Howes Meaner Power Cleaner. Best fuel lubrication, anti gel, and cetane boost on the market. We've/ I've played with them all. Jacks the milage up on the trucks, instant starts, little to no smoke when running. Had a couple of fellows say, that they were the only ones that could start thier diesel welders at over -30 in a group of 11 machines on site. All were pluged in, thiers started with minimal effort.

That said, the Howes conditioner burns, and if I was desparate, thats what I would use. Actually, had too comming out of a high winter road in Quebec, my semi's diesel started to gell, engine revs went way down, and had me starting to freak out. Managed to locate a husky fuel stop just as my engine was about to up and die. Dumped a quart of Howes conditioner into my tanks, Refueled, and I can tell you that engine never ran better.

Lots of jam and better milage after a few tanks with that stuff!

Cruiser,

Who do you work for?

Stanadyne in my opinion is the best. My dad has an '03 Cummins that has over 320,000 miles on it. He runs Stanadyne in every tank and has never had one single problem. Customers have actually came in with running problems and alot of the time Stanadyne will clear it up completely. We have seen alot pump related problems in my opinion caused by the lack of sulfer in the fuel now days. If you run Stanadyne on a regular basis and keep the filter changed you are good to go.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177728

opti lube xpd. its sort of funny how some actually make things worse. i dont get it but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveWelding View Post
    Cruiser,

Who do you work for?
    Kinda work for the bank......

I operate Weld Alert, Miller/Lincoln/T-dyne and others warranty depot, and also like to do long haul trucking,