Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

RAPID TAP is my cutting fluid of choice!

Default What are the best drill bits

I use the Walter SST bits, they're the best bits I've used in my 28 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    What drill bits are best to get if you are drilling metal ? I've seen Titanium, Zirconium Nitride, Cobalt, H.S.S. Some indicate "high speed", some are coated with the above metals only. I do know that some are much more expensive and stay sharp longer than others but I have no idea what type they are. Is price the only deciding factor ?

JCB
    Carbide-tipped bits are generally the most expensive but they are supposed to stay sharper the longest, more so than the titanium H.S.S and the others.

I still am using a set of kobalt bits I bought 5 years ago.the day I bought them I also bought a drill bit dr bit sharpener .I paid 50.00 for the sharpener and sinse then it has paid for itself 100 times over.

The drill itself isn't the most important part. Knowing how to keep them sharp and how to use them properly is the trick!

Default Tap magic

I have had the same set of bits for years. Drill doctor to sharpen and the best cutting fluid around. Tap magic. American company!