Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Default Dynasty 200DX - 1.5mm aluminium - settings

First of all a quick hello, as this is my first post on the Miller site

I am based in the U.K. and am a keen motorcyclist, and amateur fabricator of all things conected therewith.

My current project is a 1989 Harris F1, here's a photo of the 'bike when I first got hold of it:

I am rebuilding it from the ground-up, and have bought myself a Dynasty 200DX so that I can learn to weld, & fabricate some parts that I need. The next stage in the project is to build a seat sub-frame from 10mm (just less than half-inch) square tube.

I would appreciate suggestions for some settings on the machine, to TIG weld 1.5mm (1/16th inch?) thick aluminium. I have some experience with MIG and gas welding, and have played around a bit with TIG and am making steady progress.

Your help much appreciated,

Regards,

flatline
    Last edited by flatline; 01-04-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.