Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Running Board Material

"A customer of mine is also restoring a REO truck. He is looking for new material for the running boards. Instead of conventional checkerplate this has small squares instead. The squares are approximately 3/8" and about two inches apart. Has anyone ever seen anything like this at a steel supplier? Any ideas to put this back to original would be appreciated.

Byron

not sure of a supplier but it could probably be done with a laser or plasma. material wouldn't have to be terribly thick as you could brace it from the underside. Programming wouldn't be obscene as it'd be a repeating pattern.
    Miller 350P
    Miller Econotig
    Milwaukee Dry saw
    Evolution Dry saw (for sale)
    Scotchman 350 cold saw
    7x12 bandsaw
    1910 ATW 14 x 72 lathe
    fridge full of adult beverages
    Sirius radio

www.snpequipment.com
    callouses and burns a plenty

By checkerplate do you mean treadplate? or expanded metal?

What you seek has raised squares or square holes?

I've used round perforated and square and other shapes are also available. Maybe THIS is close?

The stuff could be laser, plasma or even flame cut if cost and time were inconsequential, but it isn't. Roller punched.
    Mike

WHEELED VEHICLE SERVICE SINCE 1960

I have seen the tread plate with the small square raised holes before. It is much better when wet than the common diamond design.
    I haven't a clue if you can even find it these days. Or if it is even still being made.
    You might find some scrap of it somewhere if you searched all over. No one can expect you to be able to source anything ever made tho.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default Plate

The squares are raised.I am not sure of the correct terminology to describe the plate. It is not expanded metsl. I am thinking that perhaps the material was proprietory so the supply may have been limited. I am hoping that someone out there may have seen it on some othere piece of equipment that may be common in the area that I am in. Thanks for the help so far.

Byron

Maybe this company can help you www.mcnichols.com It looks like they have something similar under the ''designer metals'' section. Mike
    Last edited by crawdaddy; 01-03-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    Maybe this company can help you www.mcnichols.com It looks like they have something similar under the ''designer metals'' section. Mike
    Here

Spotsineyes,How do you type the word '' Here" and have it link to the item? That is pretty cool.Mike

I did it using this method.

Default Material

I have one of the local scrapyards keeping there eyes open fof any of this material coming in. One of the guys remembers seeing it in the poast so maybe it will come up again

Byron