Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm just SO HAPPY that admin sees fit to listen to two of our most articulate posters; Fun4... and Wireburner.

WOW!!!

Default Work cut out for ya..

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    We at Miller have heard and have considered your feedback very seriously. We are planning on merging the boards, it is true, except that "projects" and "motorsports" will remain two separate categories. So, in essence, it WILL remain much the same as it is today, although if you want to post on one board or another you will be able to do so without having two logins, two accounts, etc. Having the two boards completely separate, as it is now, creates confusion and lots of double work (and needless double-costs!) so we planned pretty much from the beginning to at least merge the boards in some way. If you'd like to just bookmark yourself right into the projects category, you can do that and you won't even notice a difference, beyond creating a new bookmark. We're not making large-scale changes...I think you'll appreciate the positives that will come from merging the boards, once you see how similar it will be, just more simple/easy.

What was up more for debate was creating categories or adding other functions as we were performing this merge. All of this "keep it the same" talk has spoken loud and clear from both boards, but especially projects. We were hoping to create approximately 6 categories to help organize and help you to more easily find information. From what we've read in responses, it seems that most members want to see it all rather than switch categories to view the info. Because of your comments, we have definately pared down our plans and may only add one or maybe two additional categories, if any at all. We are actually meeting on the boards today to make some final decisions regarding the merge. We'll be in contact once we've worked everything out.

Just wanted to reiterate, we've heard you and have modified our plans based on your comments. We appreciate members being so forthcoming with their opinions, and we listen because we want to keep the door open and we value your input. Our goal is to keep the boards as useful and informational as possible. I think you'll see that the few minor changes we're making will really improve the board overall in the end, not take away from it.
    I think many are just trying to say "hey this is the best board around don't mess with it". So I think you have your work cut out for you with any changes regardless of the outcome good or bad. I guess I'm like most and say "if it ain't broke-well, don't fix it" and when we get used to things we like, we don't even consider anything else (like a good welder). So perhaps you might just be dealing with a bunch of old fuddy duddies that protest change or perhaps a bunch of good old boys taking advantage of their favorite manufactures resources to further their knowledge, interests and social networking. I guess a lite stroll across the ice is best on this one?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Default Not as it seems

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    I'm just SO HAPPY that admin sees fit to listen to two of our most articulate posters; Fun4... and Wireburner.

WOW!!!
    As far as our members being heard, I am referring to several threads on the topic on both boards over several months, not just this thread. My basis for my comments is much larger than what you are seeing here.

Administrator, Miller knows what its going. These boards bring in and keep customers.
    Keep on doing right by us, as I know you will, and Miller will stay in the lead.
    I do not envy your job, listening to us wine about everything, Thanks.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw