Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

log holder for by the fire place with some tools would be good . are you looking for several projects to do in the next 18 weeks or one big one to cover the hole time??
    depending on the suplies available a fule tank for the back of a truck is a good chance to put in some long TIG beads..
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    log holder for by the fire place with some tools would be good . are you looking for several projects to do in the next 18 weeks or one big one to cover the hole time??
    depending on the suplies available a fule tank for the back of a truck is a good chance to put in some long TIG beads..
    Yeah true or/ they could build a little 4-wheeler trailer/cart

Inferno Forge

Chris

Are you asking from a teacher perspective or a student perspective?
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by calweld View Post
    Look at the top of your screen .... point to "Industries and Interests", find "Welding Projects" and click. Several things with instructions and plans at the top; then off to the right on that page is a link to many pages of ideas and concepts (no plans on these, you take an idea and do your own engineering and designing).
    Or click on the Green "Welding Projects" Pop-Up Window- top right of this thread

A rod holder. It was my first welding project after learning the basics.

Basically, it's a box, with 4 slots that hold rod on an angle, and a larger box where the stubs end up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat_Billings View Post
    A rod holder. It was my first welding project after learning the basics.

Basically, it's a box, with 4 slots that hold rod on an angle, and a larger box where the stubs end up!
    This only makes sense if you are going to weld more after you finish the project.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

Default Idea gallery!

Don't forget about the idea gallery. You can get there from industries and interests or here's the link: http://www.millerwelds.com/interests...ound-the-home/

In the last couple of days, I've been working on adding descriptions for most of the existing projects, many of which tells you what materials are used. I hope to finish and post today!?

how bout` a 55 gallon drum dolly ; or a 2 wheel dolly?

Inferno Forge

Chris

how bout a bale wagon. one to hold 6-8 little bales to pull behind a four wheeler or lawn tractor.
    ive made one,there pretty easy to make
    Jake

Thanks for all of the ideas! I'm asking from a teacher perspective, by the way. I don't think any of the students that are signed up have much, if any, experience welding, so I'll be starting with the very basics!