Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty 200 DX

I own one and I have welded up to 1/4 inch plate to a solid 1-1/2" winch mount on a sailboat mast at 200 amps 250 hz and did the job pre heating with the tig torch.
    Last edited by El Guanche; 01-03-2008 at 04:26 PM.

I use my my Dynasty for small side-job welding projects that people bring me, as well as for projects around the house. I've used it for steel, stainless, and aluminum. I have a couple of air-cooled torches for it: a 200 amp torch, and a nice, small 125 amp #9 torch. I usually use a foot pedal with it, but I just ordered a used finger control that should be here soon. I just tried it recently for stick welding, and it worked real nice. I have an old Hobart AC stick welder that I usually use, but the Dynasty worked even better.

SLO Iron Man, please post some pictures of your Iskravar 210 L mig if you get a chance. I am always interested to see what people are using in other parts of the world.

Thanks!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by SLO Iron Man View Post
    Could somebody please tell me what is the max thicknes for aluminium, stainless steel and steel that you can weld it with Dynasty 200 DX ?
    You could easily do 1/4" or even more with preheat and multiple passes. The 200 DX is a very nice machine and very flexible.

By the way, I was visiting your hometown back in 1974. My brother-in-law lives in Klagenfurt, Austria, near the border. We went to your town for lunch. It was before all of the trouble. Marshall Tito was still in power.

Your country is very beautiful!

Regards.

cool pic's smoked glass is so cool .
    i resized for the dial up guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

villemur
    I am always interested to see what people are using in other parts of the world.

LOL i had to do it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Hey fun4now,
    I think I worked in that shop. Ha Ha.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Talking

and to think i waisted $1750.oo on a new TA-185 when i could have gotten one of them imports for a lot less. they look like they last a wile if ya keep the cardboard dry.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Thanks again for all of your answers !

I didn't know that you can weld such a thick material with Dynasty 200 DX. So i think i'll buy oneand otherwise, you can also weld very thin material and all sorts of metal and non-metal.

Synchroman, do you remember in which restaurant did you eat ? Yeah it is very beautiful and Marshall Tito is a LEGEND

Villemur, here is a picture of Iskravar 210 L mig welder. You can also go on official internet page of Iskravar - www.iskra-varjenje.si

Funny pictures
    high-tech stick welder

Quote Originally Posted by SLO Iron Man View Post
    Thanks again for all of your answers !

<snip>

Synchroman, do you remember in which restaurant did you eat ? Yeah it is very beautiful and Marshall Tito is a LEGEND

<snip>
    No, sorry....it was a long time ago. I sure liked the local beer and sausage, though. Ha.