Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

sweet what you charge for these brackets mine about to go on my bike cool showing the process start to finish i see so much AL used in your projects i started wondering if did any steel at all but this a sweet project
    Leblond Makino mills
    HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
    American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

Hi CNC,
    I charge $75.00 for a bracket.
    Most people just buy another bike frame and cut the bracket they need off it and then sell the frame.
    This leads to frames without any brackets or not the original brackets.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

How long does it take you to make one of these brackets? $75/hr is not to shabby. At my rate, $75/3 days is not feasible.
    MillerMatic 252
    Spoolmate 200
    Diversion 165
    Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Dayton 6" Miter Band Saw
    Delta Drill Press
    Bosch 10" Table Saw
    Bosch 12" Double Bevel Miter Saw
    Jet 5 Ton Chain Hoist
    Radnor O/A

and this heavy duty table I made

Hi NoogaD,
    I took me about two hours to make this one.
    So I made a loss on this one but now I have the pattern I can make one anytime I like for a client any where in the world.
    I would say I could make one in around 1.5 hours now.
    The problem is that people will not pay to much for this type of repair. If you charge to much then they just use a mate with a MIG to weld on a 1/2" plate that they grind to shape and tap a thread into, or as previously stated they just cut the bracket off another parts frame.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Nice work Ji! Shows what careful planning and perfect execution can accomplish.

Gord

Thanks Gord

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it