Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ever heard of this type-welding

Hey guys I work with this guy at my job and he's been asking me if i've done this typ or heard of it i think its called flowneous (sp) welding i told him that i really haven't heard or delt with that type so i couldn't give him any tips on what to do but did tell him i would check it out then let him know what would be good for what he wants to do, so if any body has or knows what the heck i'm wanting please let me in on this info

never heard of it.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, BOBCAT 250
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default Perhaps "coalescence"??

coalescence is created by the heat in resistance welding and sometimes referred to as "coalescence welding". Perhaps your friend may have heard something that sounded like "flowneous" but was actually coalescence?
    I have never heard of "Flowneous". But that doesn't mean I'm right. Just a thought?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Dave, I never heard of it either and Im not near the expert that some of these guys are.

I did a search though and found a web site with the AWS welding chart. There is nothing mentioned about it on there. Maybe he could give you more info on it as to what it is used for or how it is done.

Here is the web site.
    http://www.arconweld.com/welding_faq...g_tutorial.htm
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default ever heard of this

i'm not sure if this guy was straight up with info or not so i thought i would drop a line to you guys and see what comes up so i'm really not sure if he even knows what he talking about either but i'll ask him more info when we get back to work tomorrow but when he talks about it he sounds like he knows all the correct terms and tech stuff, but so do some other people that think they know all there is about welding and come to find out don't know JACK CRAP!! so this is why i'm asking you guys and i'll keep looking for some answers myself
    Last edited by safetydave; 01-01-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    coalescence is created by the heat in resistance welding and sometimes referred to as "coalescence welding". Perhaps your friend may have heard something that sounded like "flowneous" but was actually coalescence?
    I have never heard of "Flowneous". But that doesn't mean I'm right. Just a thought?

TacMig
    thanks for your input TacMig, I'll try to keep you guys updated on this and what I find out more from him at work.

Quote Originally Posted by KBar View Post
    Dave, I never heard of it either and Im not near the expert that some of these guys are.

I did a search though and found a web site with the AWS welding chart. There is nothing mentioned about it on there. Maybe he could give you more info on it as to what it is used for or how it is done.

Here is the web site.
    http://www.arconweld.com/welding_faq...g_tutorial.htm
    KBar thanks glad you said something about AWS that was my next try on and see if they had any info on this

Quote Originally Posted by safetydave View Post
    flowneous (sp)
    Could he be talking about Fronius they make welding equipment?
    Ron

ShopFloorTalk

Millermatic 350P, Roughneck 4012 and Ironmate guns
    Dynasty 300DX, Coolmate 3, Crafter CS-310 Torch
    Trailblazer 302, 12RC, WC-24
    30A spoolgun
    Spectrum 2050

Thermal Arc Plasma Welder PS-3000/WC-100B

Quote Originally Posted by safetydave View Post
    flowneous (sp)
    What does the (sp) mean? I've never heard anything about "flowneous" welding before... lol

Now I am very curious...

Talking

When you put (sp) behind a word it means you'r not 100% sure that you spelt it right. I looked through 2 charts of mine that list about 90% of all well known welding proccesses and didn't find a thing. Is it possible that he's talking about cast welding where you pour molten metal into a void between 2 solid peices of metal causing it all to melt together? This method is used all the time in the railroad industry to fix broken rails and large cast wheel trucks using thermite.