vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by FarmBoy View Post
    what kind of sawzall blades are you guys useing??
    milwaukee??
    well im not to to picky on sawzall blades I like milwaukee torch blades which are good for the heavier metal, and bosch makes decent blades too.

here is a tip i learned that if u have to cut tile board or plastic U can use the fine tooth metal blade 18 tpi i think to cut it, thats if u dont have a all purpose blade handy. it works just like a hacksaw blade little slow going but a nice clean cut doesnt splinter the plastic at all.
    Last edited by migman69; 01-02-2008 at 09:17 AM.

i work on a farm and we go threw ALOT of sawzall blades and i always use milwaukee. but i picked up some 14 teeth per inch blades that were soupesed to be good for 3/16-1/4 steel and i was cutting 1/8 angle and it chewed them right up.
    Jake

I have tried numerous sawzall blades and due to the fact that they are so thin, I dont think you will find a good blade that cuts any amount of metal no matter what the thickness of the metal is. All brands wear and last about the same amount of time unless you want to pay about $10 a blade.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Default Hey there..

Quote Originally Posted by KBar View Post
    I have tried numerous sawzall blades and due to the fact that they are so thin, I dont think you will find a good blade that cuts any amount of metal no matter what the thickness of the metal is. All brands wear and last about the same amount of time unless you want to pay about $10 a blade.
    A bit off topic, but was wondering how you like your TB 300/200 stick. We got one about a month ago as our trusty commander is going down for the count once again and need a back-up unit. I understand they are very impressive and when I demoed the unit, I felt it struck and held an arc very good and dug pretty well without to much slag on some pretty nasty test material. Your comments?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Default Metal cutting circular saw blades.

Hello all,
    I've been following this forum for a little while.

I saw this thread and thought I should add my 2 cents worth so I signed up.

I am a carpenter by trade but have always loved metalwork.

I've wanted a cold saw for a while but didn't want to shell out the big$ for a brand name saw for my hobby shop. I found a saw called "Evolution". I ordered a 14" chopsaw + extra blade and 2 7 1/4 circular saw blades from homedepot online. The chopsaw runs at 1500rpm and the circ blades run up to 5800rpm.
    Everything was delivered to my house for about $500! Really quick!
    The circ blades kick butt, cutting 1/4" and 3/8" plate like butter. You just have to control the feed speed or else you get some vibration and the blade cuts very fast and begins to chip the teeth a little.

The chop saw is good also. Positive clamping , tool free adjustment. There is a little play in the main pivot but it gives a good square cut still .

I know you get what you pay for so I was little wary, But I'm super happy with it , and $100 for a 14" metalblade and $45 for a 7 1'4 seems pretty decent value compared to the major brand names.

Just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    A bit off topic, but was wondering how you like your TB 300/200 stick. We got one about a month ago as our trusty commander is going down for the count once again and need a back-up unit. I understand they are very impressive and when I demoed the unit, I felt it struck and held an arc very good and dug pretty well without to much slag on some pretty nasty test material. Your comments?

TacMig
    I love the machine. I never had a bit of trouble and they are so easy for anybody to use. When you want it calmed down to weld thin material, it will respond and the next minute if you want to weld 1 inch material, it will jump to the challenge, it will dig in, sometimes too much if you set your amps a little high. Once you find your sweet spots, your golden. I believe I had it down to 20 amps one time with a 6013 to stick a few razor blades together It is so easy to adjust as you are welding. I cant imagine using anything else. I highly recommend it. About the only thing I had to do to mine was put a longer power cord on it, the one it came with didnt allow me to move it more than a foot or two away from the receptacle.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC