Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

JC,

Since you have a nice wood shop I wouldn't want to use one bandsaw as once you start cuttin' metal the chips will be in the saw fahevah, and also the Lubricant that goes along with cuttin' metal

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    JC,

Since you have a nice wood shop I wouldn't want to use one bandsaw as once you start cuttin' metal the chips will be in the saw fahevah, and also the Lubricant that goes along with cuttin' metal
    Yeah, I would get a dedicated metal saw if you're serious about fabrication. I don't like using verticle bandsaws for metal anyway; just not enough control.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

I only work with aluminum and have a plain old Delta 14" that I bought at Lowes.
    I simply put a metal blade on it and it cuts aluminum like butter...the faster speed is great! It has really bean a huge change in the way I make things out of sheet aluminum like diamond plate and such. I love it!
    But for steel it is pure junk For that I use my trusty chi-com 4x6" and a Milwaukie chop saw.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX