Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

those are really nice dimes you are stacking

Quote Originally Posted by tyrrellrunnells View Post
    those are really nice dimes you are stacking

Thanks.

Default She's done!!!

Well she's finally done!!!

After 15 plus years of planning and saving money & parts plus seven long months of work it is finally completed. I know it is not as nice as many of the super high dollar long travel 600+ HP LS powered cars that are being built nowadays but on my smaller budget I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Besides that I still think that many of the details and the overall workmanship is what is more appealing than just having a lot of expensive parts thrown at a car.

It should be a nice first car and I hope it is a head turner when it hits the dunes. Most of the people we go to the dunes with don't even look at a sandrail driving by unless it has 20+ inches of wheel travel and an LS motor hanging out the back. I have caught quite a bit of ridicule from some friends because I did not just bite the bullet and build a long travel rail with mega-horsepower but I cannot bring myself to refinance my house for a toy that I will drive 6-10 times a year. Thanks for looking, Mike.

View of polished side panels installed.

Interior shots. Check out the subtle design in the floorboard panels that my upholstery guy thought would look good and the cooler cover so I don't have to look at an ugly plain cooler. Mike.

That looks pretty awesome man. Know what your car has that LS cars don't? Much easier service. Alternator is on the top, turbo is to the side, only one manifold...try changing spark plugs on an LS rail. I think you'll be really happy with it once you get the chance to run it.

Let us know when you get it out on the dunes, better yet, get a video of it running!
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Sweet project! I'd love one of these built for street.

You never considered a windshield? I guess if you trailer it to the dunes and wear a helmet then you wouldn't need it.

Many unique skills required in this build. I don't imagine you'd find too many guys that could do the design, machining, welding, fit up, engine work, electrical, tubing, etc etc required.
    Last edited by Titleistfan; 05-02-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    Miller Syncrowave 350 LX

Thanks guys. I was supposed to take it out with some friends for its debute/trial run this weekend, however, the weather did not want to cooperate. May is too hectic this year, the next time I will have an opportunity to take it out is the first weekend in June.

I will post some pics and maybe a video once it hits the sand. Mike.

SWEET!!!!

Can I have a ride in it?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate