Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Great looking rail. Keep the pics coming.

I like the plow on your wheeler there too in the one pic. A must have tool.

i just checked this thread out for the first time... didn't realize what i been missin. Very sweet project. Once I get my own garage I've been wanting to build one of my own. If it comes out half as good as yours looks I'll be impressed with myself. thinking about using the whole cradle assembly, engine trans and axles from a 3.8L GM setup and making it into a rail. Keep Up the good work!

Thanks for everyones comments. Not much exciting happening on it for the last week or so. I have been busy working on paying jobs and haven't had any time for my own.

Last night, however, I did have a couple of hours free and I was able to start pulling some wires and started building the wiring harness. Mike.

On the home stretch!

I have been able to get a lot done over the weekend. The engine is in and the electrical is hooked up. I ran all of the wires then removed from the car to cover and form a complete harness.

All that is left to do at this point is install the turbo, plumbing to the turbo, boost guage and line, install brakes and bleed, mount floorboards and add fluids. After that is done it can go to the upholstery shop then ready to hit the dunes for some tweaking and fine tuning. Mike.

A shot of the rear. I love this view.

Looking forward.

Car on the lift for easier access for fuel line routing.

Shot of the engine bay.

Cool

Thats sweet looking. Like the purple paint also...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

How many lbs per min on the turbo you decided on?

Blow thru carb?

Wideband and otoscope would do the trick for tuning. What compression and fuel?

Any idea what it weighs? Seems like it would be fun at the drag strip on a set of slicks

Good luck with your project!

Quote Originally Posted by dkGoodrich dot com View Post
    How many lbs per min on the turbo you decided on?

Blow thru carb?

Wideband and otoscope would do the trick for tuning. What compression and fuel?

Any idea what it weighs? Seems like it would be fun at the drag strip on a set of slicks

Good luck with your project!
    \

Not 100% on the boost as I have not had it in the car running yet. When I purchased the parts I sized the Turbo to supply approx. 12 lbs. boost max. I want to keep the engine alive as long as possible. I have talked to others that are running more but from the information that I have gathered it seems that much over about 14 lbs. or so they get fairly unreliable and tempermental.

Compression ratio is 8.5:1 with a Weber 40 IDF and the turbo is setup in the blow-through style. Fuel is 100 octane Sunoco, actually 110 Sunoco purple mixed 1:1 with 91 octane pump fuel to give me 100 octane.

The car is sitting at 900 lbs. right now. I am sure it will be just over that when wet and with the interior completed. Mike.

Nice build ..Keep it up...
    MillerMatic 211

SHE RUNS!!!!!! After a seven month build she runs.

I have had a couple of long nights trying to tie up the loose ends and get it ready to go to the upholstery shop.

Monday night I was able to get the brakes installed and bled along with the clutch bled.

Tuesday night I installed the Turbo and all of the related plumbing.

Last night I filled the transaxle and engine with lubricants and the coolant. I then put a couple gallons of Sunoco in the tank and hooked up the battery.

My stomach always gets tied into knots prior to firing up any project build. After checking over all electrical connections with a VOM and making sure all of the wiring was correct I fired her up. She only turned over about a dozen times or so then fired right to life. What a wonderful sound that rotary puts out.

I am so happy I don't think the wife can take much more of me. I am ready for it to go out for upholstery and then a night or two to install the seats and sidepanels and a ton of detailing then ready for the sand.

Thanks for all the comments and for those who have encouragingly followed this build-up. I have never posted a complete build-up from start to finish before and have been very happy and I have appreciated the comments. Mike.