Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default 2000 syncrowave 350 LX

I just picked up a used Syncrowave 350 LX made in 2000. Was wondering if anyone knew if they still offered a power factor correction kit for this and if the running gear/water cooler might still be available? Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanx JIm

Uhohjim,

Are you sure you want to go with the PFC conversion?

Unless you're using the Sync 350 in a true industrial application (constant arc time), you're going to greatly increase your power consumption. Nothing comes "free". At idle, a PFG equipped machine will consume considerably more amps, than a non-PFC machine.

Most people think they need PFC to reduce their amp requirements. In reality, and a cheaper (long term) solution is to spend the money up front to upgrade the electrical service.

I'm not sure if the integral cooler is still available for that machine, but suspect a stand alone Coolmate3 or Coolmate4 may be a better option anyway. Either option is a lot easier to service than the built in unit.

Just a little food for thought. You may want to do a little more research on Power Factor Correction to see if that's the way you really want to go.

Thanx for the input Sundown,,,,,I should have enough power in the garage I ran an old Lincoln tig 300/300 and never had a problem..Just wanted to make sure i didnt have a problem in the future. I will more than likely just run a stand alone cooler...I just like the way the whole integrated setup looks to be honest LOL. Thank you for your Input Jim uhohjim1@aol.com

Hello.
    I have a syncrowave 350lx on a tigrunner. I run it 60amp supply with no problems.
    You should be fine.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Thanx tim.I was thinking I can probably get away with what I have as i ran my Lincoln 300/300 and never blew the breaker. I've got 200 amp service in my pole barn so if nothing else I'll make something work. Thanx Jim uhohjim1@aol.com

Hey Tim Fired up the New /Used Syncro 350.no problem at all........think i will run some heavier electric once the weather warms up though . Thanx again for the advice
    Jim
    Welding in Crete
    Syncrowave 350 LX
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
    Miller Gold Seal 155
    Miller Elite welding helmet
    JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
    Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Some really cool hammers BIG and small