Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Homemade Snowplow

I posted a while back asking if anyone ever made a homemade snowplow. I wont go into all of the details of the original post - here is the link:

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...ead.php?t=1905

Finally got it done
    A friend of mine gave me a hydraulic pump so I scratched the idea of a manual angle blade with a winch for the lift. The free truck I got ended up shooting a rod out the side of the block before I could get it into the shop, not to mention the bellhousing cracked all the way around (the motor, tranny, and transfer case set me back a few weeks). Here are several pictures - I have reduced all of them for people on Dial up so you cant see a whole lot of detail. If anyone wants to see the larger sized pics let me know. I took it out today on its maiden voyage and everything worked great - just need to adjust the tension on the springs a little...enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More pics

a few more pics

and some more......

and some more.....

More pictures.....

Again, more pictures

last page of pics

nice looking plow there! what was the cost difference between you fabing your own and buying a meyer max or something did you spend more or save money?

Nice. I did not see any pics of the trip mechanism. Can you post some pics of this. Also what pump do you have, belt driven or a self contained electric unit.
    T.J.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by migman69 View Post
    nice looking plow there! what was the cost difference between you fabing your own and buying a meyer max or something did you spend more or save money?
    Kind of hard to answer that. Most of the metal I already had from other projects so I dont know about the cost there. Lift Cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings were probably around $200 and Im sure there is another couple hundred for misc stuff - bolts, pins, sanding discs etc. I was, however, to the point where I didnt care what it cost as I was on a mission to prove a guy wrong that yes, a guy can build one Thanks for your comments!