Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Homemade Snowplow

I posted a while back asking if anyone ever made a homemade snowplow. I wont go into all of the details of the original post - here is the link:

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...ead.php?t=1905

Finally got it done
    A friend of mine gave me a hydraulic pump so I scratched the idea of a manual angle blade with a winch for the lift. The free truck I got ended up shooting a rod out the side of the block before I could get it into the shop, not to mention the bellhousing cracked all the way around (the motor, tranny, and transfer case set me back a few weeks). Here are several pictures - I have reduced all of them for people on Dial up so you cant see a whole lot of detail. If anyone wants to see the larger sized pics let me know. I took it out today on its maiden voyage and everything worked great - just need to adjust the tension on the springs a little...enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More pics

a few more pics

and some more......

and some more.....

More pictures.....

Again, more pictures

Default Lawn Mower Snowplow

I built a handy little snowplow for my lawn mower. I got everything needed for free so you can't beat that. The frame is made out of 1 inch square tubing and the plow is made from a old boiler expansion tank that was cut to size. No hydralics or winch needed for this because I just use the lawn mower's deck height adjustment to raise and lower the plow. It is handy for sidewalks because my 4 wheeler's blade is too wide. I will post some pics if you guys want to see it.

willy thanks for posting the pics and info. I have been planning to the same exact thing you did since i can't afford a 4,000 $ plow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junior71991 View Post
    I built a handy little snowplow for my lawn mower. I got everything needed for free so you can't beat that. The frame is made out of 1 inch square tubing and the plow is made from a old boiler expansion tank that was cut to size. No hydralics or winch needed for this because I just use the lawn mower's deck height adjustment to raise and lower the plow. It is handy for sidewalks because my 4 wheeler's blade is too wide. I will post some pics if you guys want to see it.

willy thanks for posting the pics and info. I have been planning to the same exact thing you did since i can't afford a 4,000 $ plow

Thanks
    Lets see some pics! Let me know if you need any more info - Thanks

Default Camera Problems

My digital camera isn't working right now so i will get pics asap.