Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default My first project, welding cart (disaster cart gone good)

Soooo at first, this project was a effing disaster! Then it redeemed itself

I found a filing cabinet, and cut it into two drawers. I had it in my head that I wanted to use the cabinet as a base for a cart. Good idea, I thought, until I saw it 'finished.'

I couldn't even move it around the garage. It was so low it scraped, the casters were junk, $30 out the window I thought. WRONG! Let's try again...

Round two...

Put the filing cabinet on the ground where it belongs...

And make the REAL cart!

The next step is to get some round bar and put some places to hang things

I like the way the bottle is surrounded and protected. The convenience of the welder being up is good. I noted you have the extended feet to give it balance so it doesn't tip forward. How is the side to side balance? Seems a bit narrow and would want to tip on it's side if hit hard enough

If hit hard enough it would tip in any direction

It's surprisingly sturdy in all honesty. I'm going to be putting some sort of 'cage' around the regulator just in case it decides to fall over on me one day.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137