Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

hey i like that table...
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Default Welding Table

My Table Top Is 1/2 " Legs Are 2 1/2 " Tubing Frame Under Plate Is 2" Sq Tubing Tray For Samll Partsalso The Frame Under Table Is Not Mitered But Instead Is Open And I Put A Smaller Tube In All Of Them That Slide Out As I Need Them For Hanging Finger Clamps, Stinger C Clamps Etc Slide Them In When Not In Use Also On Oxy Acetilene Bottles I Have A Hanger To Hang Hoses And A Cradle For Torch If I Can Take Pics I"ll Post Them
    Hope U Understand This ""plan""

Default Slide out

I like the slide-out feature. I have limited space, would work well.

Miller 140 w A/S
    HF 90 Amp Flux Core
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    Smith O/A Torch
    Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

This is a great thread. Keep the great ideas coming. I going to build mine this week end I hope.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Just old pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sberry, I never noticed your jib crane design light and air fixtures. I might have to borrow those. I have a small version of the light in my trailer but never considered for the shop. Thanks, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    Just old pics
    Sberry,
    Looks as if that table has seen some action over the years.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by EdZep View Post
    >> does anyone have some photo of some welding tables getting ready to build one .

Brian, here's a pic of my nearly done table from the Miller plans. My first welding project, with a new MM180. I learned too late that the edges of the 3/8 plate could droop a little, with voltage high enough to get good penetration. Glad I used scrapyard plate. I think I should have welded the top on along the inside edge of the frame, rather than the more accessible outside edge. Or, maybe I should have turned the whole thing over, rather than sitting on my butt and doing overhead welds.

>> You put shims inside the tube to offset the seam.

Fishy Jim, thanks. Yeah, and I guess I should have made sure all the seams were turned the same way, so shims could be applied the same everywhere needed.
    Looks a little concave. Is it true? I think half inch thickness is the thinest for a good table, but I could be wrong.
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

I like the solving of the light idea Sberry.

The boom is used on occasion to drop leads and cords down on projects to keep the stuff off of the floor.