Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Question Accessories / Features For Your Welding Table

Any suggestion as to accessories/features to add to your welding table. Any suggestions to make it a more useful tool.

ie . . . mig gun holder, grinder bracket . . .etc . . .
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Working in a lot of chemical plants, I see almost every welding table with a 2x2x1/8" angle welded to one side. It is used to hold little piece like blots, nuts, etc.

I would like to see some others means of "leveling" a table.

Hope that helps.
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

I've got a small vise on one corner of my table and it is also wired with a 110 receptacle under one corner and a switch under another that controls a light above it. I've also welded a piece of pipe on one leg for a MIG Gun and a couple of hooks for my hood, stinger, whatever i happen to stick there. I also put a shelf under it for storing small things and tools.

As for how to level a table, the best way I know of is to weld a nut on the inside of each of the legs. Then just thread a bolt all the way into each one and back the ones out that you need to to make it sit level.
    At Home
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    Performance Tools 6" Bench Grinder
    Craftsman Hand Tools
    Craftsman Cordless Drills

DeWalt Angle Grinder
    1976 AMC Jeep CJ7
    1980 Ford F150 Custom
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado C1500

At Work
    Miller Bobcat 250
    2 Miller MM251s
    2 Miller MM252s
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC

Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    Snap-On Flux Core Welding Machine

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter
    Victor Torches

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4

Proud American Ham KE5TJA

my buddy welded just about a three inch piece of pipt at an angle on the side to hold the gun just an idea

Default Mig

I think this could go on for months! Its what ever YOU need,,weather its a bar ti hang vice grips,,I have recievers in all my benches,and my heavy set up tables,,Abd to the lekding bech on my portable,,can take any thing fom any bench,,But as I said,,Its what YOU need!!!!!!!!!!!!Good Luck,Jack

Default Table tips

My table is 4' X 6'. On one end I cut out an 18" X 30" opening that holds a piece of bar grate for cutting. There is a tray under that to catch slag, etc.

I built a 2' X 2' drawer about 4" deep to hold soapstone, small clamps, mig pliers, and small hand tools. One one end I welded a piece ot flat between 2 legs to hang larger c-clamps. Also welded lots of hooks to hang plasma cutter, mig gun, torch.

But most important, make sure you have room for a coffee pot, beer cooler, and first aid kit. (Just kidding, but barely.)

Default Welding Table Accessories

I have 2 tables in my own shop and one where I spend 8 to 10 hrs each day day job and I made the frame out of square tubing leaving the longer ones open on the ends "not mitered '' or boxed in then I put a smaller tube in each one of them I slide them out as I need to hang lead stinger C CLAMPS OR for table extensions my tool boxes are opossite table so when I trun around I can get hood grinding shield from hooks at top of tool box about 6 foot high 1 table is slanted for prints sketches or writing the other is flat also tables have a shelf for small parts or drops Hope it helps

I am also for leaving tube ends (especially the longer ones) open extra versatility. I leave the lower tubes un-capped for the same reason.

Table extensions, a place to put a crowbar or pony clamp, a tube of filler rod, whatever you need at the time.
    "If you build it, they will come!"

Default My Table

Here is my home table.
    It was my first project afew years back.
    It fit's in my work-mate.

This shows the wind/flash guard.