Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welding cart for a 211

This is more for comical entertainment than anything; no real skill involved here. I found this decommissioned cart at a thrift store closing and picked it up cheap. I disassembled it with bolt cutters and a cut-off wheel on a 4.5" grinder. After a little rearranging and putting all the bits and pieces back together, I wound up with a pretty usable little cart that rolls along slicker than snot on a door knob.

The has plenty of storage room underneath. I made loops for the bottles and put little bolts with wing nuts to keep them from rattling around (I hate that). The little bottle is argon and the bigger bottle is tri-mix. I have bulk bottles to refill from or use while in the shed, but pushing the little 211 around is a nice way to work.

I know the idea isn't original, but I thought it would give a few laughs.

Cool

How did that red powdercoat weld? Pretty crummy huh. Nice job. Like the old Honda with the fat tires. Are those big cylinders in the background empty? If not they should be chained...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Yes! Very crappy! Haha

And yes, those cylinders are empty... about to take them all in for a re-hydro.

Cool

Cool...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Very nice job, and a nice reuse of a shopping cart.

Wow! That's a great use of a cast off shopping cart. Great job!

This was made in a hurry one night, worked so well used it for a long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A lot of memories on one of those old Honda Fatcats! Fun on the beach at Dad's Camp at the mouth of the Klamath in California.