Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Small Rolling Welding Table/ With Vice Plans?

Im looking to build a small table with a vice to weld on. Wheels are a must for the mobilty around the shop. I have a bigger table, (when i need to get aggressive) this would be just to hold a couple pieces while i zap them together. I guess i would have to have a top with angled out legs to support the vise, so it doesnt topple over from the weight. I guess, im asking for a rolling vise....Any ideas for me?

yup, start stacking pieces together until you get the desired product.... its how most of the rest of the world does things like this... build it really cool and might even be able to sell a few....just sayin
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Hey Lee,
    Here's a pic of the mobile stand I made for my dry cut saw. It is quite compact & very stable. You can see the basic design & just configure width/height you need for your application. I made mobile stands/carts for all my shop equipment....so much easier moving things around & if necessary, finding one of those "lost" items that just happened to disappear. Maybe will give you some mental fodder to contemplate.

Denny
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
    * Mobile unit *
    * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
    * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
    * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
    * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Weld a table top to a section of square tube and have several hitch receiver tubes stationed around the shop. Lot more secure than a wheeled cart and almost as portable...maybe more so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WyoRoy; 11-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Thanks guys....Now i have too many ideas to chose....haha...Just kidding! On my days off, i will go back to the shop and see what works best.... Thanks again, Lee ( ANy more ideas, keep em comming)