Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gardian Angel is right!!

Someone lost a small trailer on I85 here in SC a month ago while towing it. Killed 2.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/...derson-county/

While looking up that story, there were pages after pages on the web of the same thing.

Prompted me to have a good look at my boat trailer. I need to add a safety chain from the winch to the boat.

Oh nice repair!!!!

I checked out your link. Loose trailers can be a real hazard!

For this cracked frame, the trailer would still stay together even with the frame completely cracked because the crack is behind the rear spring support and the wood of the trailer would have held it together. I made the time time to repair it because once the frame crack went completely through the ends of the tube would bang together and make the repair a lot more difficult.

Last year I was more concerned with the hitch falling off, but fortunately my friend replaced his tow vehicle and the hitch this past spring. See more on the hitch below:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ighlight=hitch

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Nice repair don. I see you are from MI, I am also. Howell. There are far more trailers driving around in this sort of condition than people know. I have a friend with a lawn service with a 28" enclosed R&R, and we have fixed it more times than I can count. It was pretty much broken in half a couple times. Thankfully, he just finally retired it. I looked at your other thread about the trailer hitch. Salt is **** on things here in MI, especially vehicle frames and trailer hitches. I had a 95 E-150 van, and it had a class 3 hitch on it that was paper thin by the time I got rid of it. I think they use the cheapest garbage chineese steel on these hitches, those step bars and grille guards for pickup trucks. How many of those step bars have you see where all that is left is the curved part and the bracket that bolts to the frame?!

Rudy
    T-4 Paraplegic, Runnin' the Pedal With my elbow, now trying to get used to a momentary switch.......

Journeyman Millwright, Local 1102, Detroit, Michigan (Disabled)

Syncrowave 200
    Coolmate 1