Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Dave View Post
    OUTSTANDING! Looks it could actually function. Well done.

What was your inspiration for the design?
    No inspiration, just some imagination and spare time.

If it looks like it could function I'm on the right track. I'm one of those guys that when my wife and I go out to eat I've got a napkin in one hand and a pen in the other, trying to solve some crazy engineering problem, or invent or perfect some gizmo. I don't even know that I want to build most of this stuff, it's the challenge of the design and She's used to it... "Napkin-CAD". They're all over my house, in my shop, in the bathroom, coat pockets, night stand, the back of hotel receipts, on magazine tearouts,. I'll put a jacket on that I haven't worn for a while and in the pocket is some great idea that I forgot about. I've got 3 in my back pocket right now. One is for a welder cart for a race car buddy of mine. He's got to take it to some pretty rough locations, so I'm trying to put suspension on it, and cage around it so it can roll anywhere and not get beat up in the process. I've about got it figured out. I'll post pics of that when I get started here in a month or two.

I think it's A.D.D. or something... I'll start drawing an idea around dinner time, next thing I know, it's about 6:30am, and my wife is checking on me to make sure I'm not dead...

So ends my explanation of the idea and a quick thought on my mental disorder... ...lol...

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Hope I get a chance in the next 2 weeks to work on it. Crazy holidays, hard to find time to have fun in the shop!...
    Last edited by vectorsolid; 12-26-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Lets talk about solar power.

For your system you not only need solar panels but also will need batteries and a charge controler. Try sites such as backwood solar or http://www.dmsolar.com/. http://home.altenergystore.com/ http://www.advancepower.net/index.htm.

Hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guanche View Post
    Lets talk about solar power.

For your system you not only need solar panels but also will need batteries and a charge controler. Try sites such as backwood solar or http://www.dmsolar.com/. http://home.altenergystore.com/ http://www.advancepower.net/index.htm.

Hope this will help you.
    Indeed. Good to have more things to check out. I've got all the goodies ordered (45watt panel setup, controller and stuff). Hopefully be here in the next day or so. I lost out on some MASSIVE 310 watt panels on eBay... Which one of you was it!!!!

Hard to find stuff under about $5 a watt, shipped.
    Last edited by vectorsolid; 12-26-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Hey how did you get the radius on the rear leg so perfect???
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    Hey how did you get the radius on the rear leg so perfect???
    I picked up one of these, with all the tooling, a couple of years back. Great tool. Really enjoyable.

http://www.vansantent.com/bending_machine_z302pr.htm

any new progress ???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

No progress, waiting on some more parts. I decided the bot itself was going to look cool enough that I'm not going to hang the solar panels on it. They'll mount on the wall, behind it. leave more of the bot exposed.

I also have a friend that does serious production line style robotic programming that said it would be "easy" (his words, not mine) to put some motion activated control on it, so it could not just turn on like a motion sensor, but also follow the movement. Frankly, it sounds kinda creepy. I like it. So I'm accumulating parts for that. I've been testing some 35 watt HID's... HOLY CRAP those things put out light!!!

Cool

ok now its getting so much fun i want one.
    make me a parts list, i'll start on the bot part.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by vectorsolid View Post
    I also have a friend that does serious production line style robotic programming that said it would be "easy" (his words, not mine) to put some motion activated control on it, so it could not just turn on like a motion sensor, but also follow the movement. Frankly, it sounds kinda creepy. I like it. So I'm accumulating parts for that.
    Bringing that beast alive... well my you know what would pucker if some bright lights came on and that thing started to move... but I'm an honest guy so I wouldn't be snooping around in the first place!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Quote Originally Posted by vectorsolid View Post
    No inspiration, just some imagination and spare time. ured out. I'll post pics of that when I get started here in a month or two.

I think it's A.D.D. or something... I'll start drawing an idea around dinner time, next thing I know, it's about 6:30am, and my wife is checking on me to make sure I'm not dead...

So ends my explanation of the idea and a quick thought on my mental disorder... ...lol...
    sweet i wanna see it and see it move .....

on a second note...
    its not called A.D.D. its called W.A.D.D. =welding all D*** day
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me