Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ground wire ga?

Default ground wire ga?

Hi all,
    First post and learning alot through this great forum.
    I need to replace the ground terminal on my MM 211. Does anyone know off hand what no. wire this is ? #2? Does HD or Lowes carry such a heavy duty terminal or should I just go to a NAPA (auto store)?

anyone????

Kind of demanding, aren't we????? No instant response within 2 hours????

If you bothered to look, the owner's manual is available on this site, look above, under "resources", wave your little pointy thing over it. It might not give you the specific gauge number, I don't know, didn't bother looking, but somewhere you should be able to find a chart showing lengths/wire gauge/amperage. It's pretty standard.

One could also look at what's left of the ground cable you pulled out, and just find a terminal end to fit it, but that's too easy, I guess ......
    Last edited by JSFAB; 10-21-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

"Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say ....."

I WON'T!

By the way, I did all that you said I should do. Like you said , it did'nt give a specific gauge size. Is it wrong to ask for a correct gauge size?
    Sorry for living.

Aloha

Sorry if I offended you, I just thought you would be happy that somebody, at least, acknowleded your existence here.

Yes, I'm a jerk, don't even know how I can live with myself. Neither can my wife.

A suggestion, download any cc transformer machine specs, or any engine drive, it will give you total permissible cable lengths vs. amperage, per cable size.

Idiot. If it don't fit, squeeze it in more. If it's too big, pound and scrunch it down more.
    Last edited by JSFAB; 10-21-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

I'm going to guess that the original work cables on my MM175 and Passport were probly about 6ga, maybe 4ga if they were lucky. I replaced both of them with 2ga 15' cables and 200 amp clamps when I changed both of their torches to 15' Q-Guns. I probly still have the wimpy original cables and cheesy tin foil clamps around here somewhere.
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed