Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Garage built Christmas gifts

I put my new dynasty 200dx to good use the last few weeks building gifts for my relatives. I made my wife a wine rack, with the base being a rear brake drum from my '70 buick electra, and the post a diveshaft from my '98 z28. I wasn't sure how it was gonna work, but it came out sweet! I gave it to her today because we're gonna be out of town the next two days, and she absolutely loves it

I made stainless steel tags for the dogs, keychains for my siblings, and countertop wineracks for the folks and grandparents, you can see those here: http://detroitwheeliedog.com/v-web/g...hristmas-gifts

Being in my garage was better than fighting traffic, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    I put my new dynasty 200dx to good use the last few weeks building gifts for my relatives. I made my wife a wine rack, with the base being a rear brake drum from my '70 buick electra, and the post a diveshaft from my '98 z28. I wasn't sure how it was gonna work, but it came out sweet! I gave it to her today because we're gonna be out of town the next two days, and she absolutely loves it

I made stainless steel tags for the dogs, keychains for my siblings, and countertop wineracks for the folks and grandparents, you can see those here: http://detroitwheeliedog.com/v-web/g...hristmas-gifts

Being in my garage was better than fighting traffic, that's for sure!
    Nice, Your z28 is an auto?

Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Nice, Your z28 is an auto?
    Yup. I've got a heavy duty aluminum ds on it now.

Nice work, I `ve been working on a few gifts , blacksmithing them though.
    Keep up the good work

Inferno Forge

Chris

That wine rack looks nice. She should put you a new welder under the tree for that
    If I had know I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Default A++

Very nice and very creative. I'm impressed!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by 6010 View Post
    That wine rack looks nice. She should put you a new welder under the tree for that
    She let me get the dynasty and a dvi2 this fall, so I figured I better show her something

Quote Originally Posted by 6010 View Post
    I got this under the tree

Quote Originally Posted by jdustu View Post
    Yup. I've got a heavy duty aluminum ds on it now.
    Never had luck with aluminum d/s's behind LS1's, I went through 2, and inland empire, and the stock one, switched out to a custom steel, worked well. Been through 3 rear ends too, a stock 10 bolt, and two moser 12 bolts.

Is your car stock, or modded?
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Never had luck with aluminum d/s's behind LS1's, I went through 2, and inland empire, and the stock one, switched out to a custom steel, worked well. Been through 3 rear ends too, a stock 10 bolt, and two moser 12 bolts.

Is your car stock, or modded?
    It's modded, but the engine is stock. I've got a moser 9" in back, and I haven't been able to get the stupid thing dialed in. Fully adjustable suspension, and I just can't get rid of wheel hop. I think I'm gonna put a 10 bolt back under the car in the spring and sell it. I've got other things to worry about right now. I was hoping for 11s on a stock internal motor, and I got a 12.2 last year bumpin' off the limiter 3 times into seond and twice into third, so I think its there. But that was on the 10 bolt with 3.73 gears. I think the 9", even with 3.90 gears, is slower.

Here's a link to a "for sale" thread I had in the summer when I half heartedly tried to sell it, it's pretty much got the entire rundown and some pics:
    http://www.motownmuscle.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51132