Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: line bore job

It looks to me like you could make a tube, weld it in and be done . The length gives you a little room to play with as far as needin a real good fit.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by nina1589 View Post
    Well it's really unusual but you got the job so try to fulfill it no matter what problems comes I hope you will finish up the job , carry on man , best of luck and take care .
    I will get the job done no doubt about that, but it tickles me mow much of a difference there is between what i get told and what the thing relay looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by J hall View Post
    It looks to me like you could make a tube, weld it in and be done . The length gives you a little room to play with as far as needin a real good fit.
    That is my plan more or less. plan to leave the tube undersized and bore it after welding. have a feeling it will warp. if i dont and leave it sloppy enough to allow for warp is not going to my style. I learned better to do a job better than expected than not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dppmfg View Post
    it tickles me mow much of a difference there is between what i get told and what the thing relay looks like.
    That is the the story of my life. LOL
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Update had a little free time today so i started air arc the tube out.
    I dont know how i got along with out one for so long.
    Will say my arms are killing me from working above me head on it. got to get find some scaffolding to work on this tall stuff.

100_1349.jpg
    100_1348.jpg
    100_1347.jpg

It looks like you could use more air. And maybe more amps too.
    Jeff

Was thinking the same thing.Good call jeff.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

That's like saying, [could use more money].

On something like this, is there such a thing as too much air, or too many amps?
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    is there such a thing as too much air, or too many amps?
    No. Just pick a bigger carbon rod.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Dang shure could used more amps now running a bobcat 250 maxed at 250 3/16 carbon have a big 40 to put on the truck when I get a chance to go through it. It has been in cold storage for a while.
    as far as air goes i have a imt hydraulic drive compressor 25 cfm. to put on when things slow down for know i will keep using my gas drive 10 cfm.

js fab "No. Just pick a bigger carbon rod."
    What size would you suggest 3/16 now.
    Last edited by dppmfg; 10-21-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dppmfg View Post
    What size would you suggest 3/16 now.
    I'd suggest at least 3/8”, but that welder won't cut it.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.