Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Were you holding the rod bare-handed?

well you could easy do a 90 degree angle weld or get into to tight corner with it

Talking

As always I got a good laugh out of one of your post. If you wan't to try somthing fun take a metal coffee can or large dia. pipe with one end caped off and make a hole about 1" up from the bottm on the side. Fill it to about 1/2" full of flower and stick a burning candle inside. Take an unlit cutting torch and stick the tip inside the hole and hit the cutting lever. O, and make sure you do it out side (unless you have 20' ceilings). It's realy awsome at night.

I got one of those holders for free when I bought my tig machine!

i thought i was the only one who was that good at tiggin
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Im going to issue a warning to all: Learned this from my friend at work yes shes a girl and yes she blond maybe that explains it. When using a oxy/actylene torch do not hold lit torch inbetween legs. The result ice pack in your britches for a week and a not so pleasent time removing the pants that have melted onto your legs, this happen to my friend at work since then we have banished her to the wheel grinder, Oh lord she can sharpen metal maybe that wasn't a good idea lol

Unhappy

When using a oxy/actylene torch do not hold lit torch inbetween legs
    you have got to be kidding , thats no way to start a week at work. or a weekend project at home.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by migman69 View Post
    Im going to issue a warning to all: Learned this from my friend at work yes shes a girl and yes she blond maybe that explains it. When using a oxy/actylene torch do not hold lit torch inbetween legs. The result ice pack in your britches for a week and a not so pleasent time removing the pants that have melted onto your legs, this happen to my friend at work since then we have banished her to the wheel grinder, Oh lord she can sharpen metal maybe that wasn't a good idea lol
    OUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e95482 View Post
    Were you holding the rod bare-handed?
    In fact i was.... BUT i had rubber soled shoes on and my table is insulated...
    lucky eh?<-----thats a canadian thing or do you say it "thang"?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

maybe try welding with a pair of electricians tools lol just kiddin man