Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Banshee Swingarm extenstion

Generally I fabricate complete swingarms for clients out of 4130 chromoly in either round or aerostrut tubing, however, a friend of mine needed his stock swingarm lengthened and didn't have the money for a complete new swingarm so I just lengthened his stock one. Here are few before and after pics. I don't have any of the swingarm on the quad as of yet. I just finished painting the swingarm this morning and will install it tomorrow. Thanks for looking, Mike.

This the the swingarm prior to cutting.

Here is the swingarm cut and with the extension pieces mocked into place

Here are a few pictures of my welds.

This is the sub-structure fabricated and ready to weld between the two halves.
    Last edited by zmotorsports; 09-26-2010 at 03:55 PM.

These next two pictures of are some small gussets that I welded in place.

This last picture is of the complete swingarm ready for paint and installation.

I use to have a Banshee and the problem I see is that your weld will not match up to the factories, they are too pretty.
    Here is mine, at 50, I run mine real fast, "for a short distance", as the younger one chase me, then shut it down and say, hey, already won, why go further.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth72 View Post
    I use to have a Banshee and the problem I see is that your weld will not match up to the factories, they are too pretty.
    Here is mine, at 50, I run mine real fast, "for a short distance", as the younger one chase me, then shut it down and say, hey, already won, why go further.
    Thanks for the compliment. I never seem to be quite satisfied with my welds but they seem to get better with practice.

I like your quad. That is a nice looking Fourtrax. Mike.

I am jealous

Here are two final pictures. The first is of the swingarm installed. The last is the completed quad ready for the client to pick-up complete with new tires/wheels and a few engine mods. Mike.

Cool Nice job

I currently have a duner banshee project that I am working on but don't quite have the money to purchase a swing arm set up that will cost up to 1000 dollars. I have been looking for someone who modifies stock swing arms, do you think you could modify my stock swing arm and if you can how much would it cost

The modification to the existing swingarm on this quad ran $150.00 less paint. That did not include the labor to remove or reinstall the swingarm on the quad.

If you are not in a hurry this particular swingarm is going to be for sale in a month or two. I purchased the Banshee from him recently and I am going to tear it down and build me an aero-strut style swingarm along with a few other chassis mods and paint & chrome.

If interested let me know and I can shoot you some information once I get the quad torn down.

Mike.

Default Interested!! How much if it is still for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
    The modification to the existing swingarm on this quad ran $150.00 less paint. That did not include the labor to remove or reinstall the swingarm on the quad.If you are not in a hurry this particular swingarm is going to be for sale in a month or two. I purchased the Banshee from him recently and I am going to tear it down and build me an aero-strut style swingarm along with a few other chassis mods and paint & chrome.If interested let me know and I can shoot you some information once I get the quad torn down.Mike.
    I'm interested. My email is [email]a_carr2010@hotmail.com please let me know thnx. Or you could text me at 909-579-7229
    Last edited by DragBanshee; 12-14-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Messed up