I had a gentleman stop by the shop last night to look at a chassis that I had for sale. He asked about the construction material and I explained that it was 4130N using the GTAW process using ER80S-d2 rod. He asked me why I chose to use that particular rod and I explained that it was the closest match to the 4130 in strength yet still alow some elongation and not have to be heat treated.

He informed me that ALL the high end builders are using Super Missile Rod. I have heard that term a couple of times before and just dismissed it. Does anyone know what this Super Missile Rod is that EVERYONE is using? Thanks, Mike.