Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use a pickling paste. it washes off with water. occasionally I'll buff it afterwards. gas coverage is another big one. you may benefit from the use of a gas lense as well. this produces better, less turbulant gas flow, which will reduce heat traces. tighter your arc, the less the heat input will be.

Cool

Anti-GMAW Quote:
    Originally Posted by fun4now
    i don't think welding it in a argon chamber will keep it from discoloring.

Yes it will. It's the atmosphere coming in contact with the stainless after the post flow stops while the peice is still hot that causes it to oxidize

cool, i knew it was a good idea to increase the post flow time. didn't know a chamber would take the coloration out. learn some thing new every day.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.