Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deer stands

I didn't get any pics of my progress or the completed stand. I know.

I was in such a hurry, as soon as I got it built and the paint dried, it went to the woods. I will get some pics of it next time I am out hunting.

On a brighter note, I killed my first deer with a bow out of it this weekend. Little 3pt. weighed 80 lbs. He will eat good. Buddy shot a 7pt next day that weighed 105lbs.

Thanks for the pointers, fellas.

My deer

Buddies deer
    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Congratulations !!!!

Looks like some tender meat there. Still waiting for a picture of the stand : )
    If I had know I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Thanks. I was super excited to kill my first deer with a bow out of this stand. Been helping my folks with a project and haven't hunted since last Saturday. I will get some good pics when I go back out, hopefully tomorrow evening.
    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Finally got some pics of the stand. Made a nice foot rest and large platform. Used 1" raised expanded metal on the seat and platform. This stand is very comfortable.

I ended up using 2 pieces of 1" angle to make the joint for the 2 ladders. I welded both sides to the square tubing and then joined them with a large puddle. Doesn't really look that great, but it's very sturdy.

Last edited by ohsobad_chevy; 10-24-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Default Deer stands

That's a nice stand, I've been wanting to make one for awhile now

15 feet down is long way to fall, especially if you fall on your neck....being you're new to welding I suggest you do a search for coupons and get the best deal you can on a stand from a store... overheating the small tubing could be a disaster waiting to happen. Check the steel good for imperfections if you do go ahead, steel from salvaged yards can be from bad runs with cobbled ends. I got it cheap that way myself, but it was good enough for the non structural projects I was working on.