12vs Extreme
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000
    20" x 40" CNC Mills (2)
    16" x 60" engine lathe
    65 Ton edwards iron worker
    3/16' x 24" power slip roll
    16' power feed mitering bandsaw
    and other fun toys

solidworks or autocad inventer but it depends on the work you do if its machining you need mastercam or surfcam type software or just 2d flat layouts theres free software on google but for 3d or models or parts soildworks is the best and easiest to use
    Leblond Makino mills
    HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
    American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

i use via cad 2d 3d is also available. im new at this stuff and there support has been great it cost me 50.00cad at staples

AutoCAD, imo will never leave the industry. I've used it at almost every job I've had, and can see it being used everywhere, in every type of work, so it's really really good to know, but as far as ease of use. It's REALLY REALLY simple to pick up, and makes life soooo much easier.

For 3D based work, I started with Inventor so I may be biased towards it, but it is, in my opinion, much better to use then solidworks. Solidworks complains too much, and it's soo picky, but inventor seems to understand more of what you're trying to do, and it will do it. Whereas solidworks will just give you some stupid error and make you go search the internet to find out what it was.

yes solidworks is more picky about its geometry but generally is what i prefer although i do like inventor its out of my budget to get a new edition every release to get major fixes or addins were as solidworks and camworks work great and i get free release updates.

when inventor gets a integrated cam generator ill invest in it more
    Leblond Makino mills
    HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
    American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

I took a cad class in college back in 03, and used Solid Edge, its good for 3D drawings, and i found it pretty easy to pick up. However, like mentioned AutoCAD is pretty much the industry standard, and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I've used that, as well, and my dad being an architect he uses it as well (the architectural version)