Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: trailer rebuild

Default trailer rebuild

though as I havn't posted here in ages I would post some pics of my trailer rebuild I made this trailer in 1989 and it was due for a refub so i started by cutting the rusted floor out then fitting rust repair panels in tacking them in place then after that welding them in and before paint sealing the gaps with wurth kd bond also made new mud guards and fitted LED lights allround honda suv rims ally rope rails and ally floor then painted to my ute

more pics the hitech area were i painted it

some of the last details done testing lights new ally rope rails fitted and the floor the floor is 6mm ally sheet so hopefully i will get another 21yrs out out of it now

finished job

Wow! nice job.

I really like the four bar aluminum diamond plate fendes. It looks like the same stuff I used on my truck.

what the **** kind of car is that???
    Millermatic 211
    Everlast 200DX TIG
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100
    Century Stick welder
    Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter
    Oxy set-up with Henrob 2000 torch
    Logan 200 lathe (60 years old)
    Jet band saw

Nice ute I wish we could get those here in the states.
    Owner
    DW Metalworks LLC
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 8RC Feeder
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
    Hobart Handler 135
    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
    Smith O/A Torch Set
    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from N.Y. View Post
    what the **** kind of car is that???
    its Ford falcon xr6 ute
    heres what it looks like with the canpoy and car bra on

There have been a couple of attempts to make those kinds of cars sell in the states but evidently it hasn't worked. The closest things we have to it here now are the mini-trucks.

Ford tried the old sheep in wolf's clothing some years ago with their F100 when they first came out with the F150. It looked like a truck but was a car underneath. A friend of mine thought he had got the deal of a lifetime on a pickup but only got a car instead.

Quote Originally Posted by wroughtnharv View Post
    Ford tried the old sheep in wolf's clothing some years ago with their F100 when they first came out with the F150. It looked like a truck but was a car underneath. A friend of mine thought he had got the deal of a lifetime on a pickup but only got a car instead.
    Harv......I really don't know even where to begin but you obviously ......OH never mind
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Harv......I really don't know even where to begin but you obviously ......OH never mind
    There was one year when Ford had the F100 and the F150. The F150 had the Ford pickup undercarriage. The F100 had the station wagon undercarriage.

Of course if you didn't know that, well, you'd think I was bashing Fords now wouldn't you?

I would never do that.