Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Rubbin' it in, huh, Harve????

Actually, he's got a good point. I've got an 86 diesel IH, maintained immaculately, air brakes as good as the day it came out of the factory, in-frame done about 40,000 miles ago, essentially worthless today. Registered non-op last year, all it is today is a 25,000 pound toolbox.
    So want to sell the bed? ben lookin for an excuse to go out west!!

Default update

100_1336.jpg
    100_1330.jpg
    100_1333.jpg
    100_1335.jpg
    100_1337.jpg
    Got into cutting on the bed of the truck and found out that rust wasn't as bad as I first thought. Turned out we just cut the cross bracing out from around the rear wheels replaced with 4 in channel across and 6 in on the out side.
    The back deck we just cut all off and built new from from 6 in channel and a bunch more 4 in. Skinned it in 1/8 diamond plate the working surface is 3/8 thick plate.
    The bumper is 10 inch channel iron.
    The crane just needed tightened and greased and is ready to go. really with there was a remote for it now only runs from spool valves.
    Just need to make some boxes to but my line boring bars and feeders.

I welcome ideas suggestion.
    Still need to rework the out riggers.
    Change all the fluids
    Mount work lights.
    Radio need tunes!!

DT466 w/ 6 speed? Good running trucks, you surely wont get thrown back in your seat when ya hit the gas, but it'll pull. I used to work on em quite a bit, if ya got any questions/problems

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguynick View Post
    DT466 w/ 6 speed? Good running trucks, you surely wont get thrown back in your seat when ya hit the gas, but it'll pull. I used to work on em quite a bit, if ya got any questions/problems
    its not a 466 it is a strait six 390 i think will look tommorow.
    No tire burner at all and i do have several questions that could be cleared up with a conversation pm me if you get a chance.
    Any tings i need to keep an eye on?

the bearing on that crane , well, around here, they are easily come by. old service trucks are dime a dozen 6# 8# cranes, heck could prolly start building bridges with the steel from those cranes laying around.... the old timers called those bearings the "circle" and others call em a slough bearing.
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

Default good news

Quote Originally Posted by welder_one View Post
    the bearing on that crane , well, around here, they are easily come by. old service trucks are dime a dozen 6# 8# cranes, heck could prolly start building bridges with the steel from those cranes laying around.... the old timers called those bearings the "circle" and others call em a slough bearing.
    The bearing in the crane was fine just needed about a tube of grease an retightened. workin like new now. Next is new hydralic line for the hose reel.
    Supplies power to the line bore machine 200 ft is going to be expensive
    got to add work lights rebuild the outrigger down tubes they are rusted threw in spots.

Looks like a sweet rig you got there.
    Miller 180

>>>---Mat---->

Quote Originally Posted by ohsobad_chevy View Post
    Looks like a sweet rig you got there.
    Thank you.
    Would greatly like any ideas on what else I could do to make life easier on the field.

Default one more pic

When I posted last I realized that I did not have any pics showing the driver side boxes open.
    100_1343.jpg
    Last edited by dppmfg; 09-25-2010 at 03:28 PM.