Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Lift Arc vs engine drive tig.

Can anyone compare set up and functionality between say a CST 280 set for Lift Arc tig, and a Bobcat 225 set to Tig? is it essentially the same thing? Is the arc start the same or am I missing something? If I only want to do DC Tig from the Bobcat 225 I dont need any high frequency component do I? just the same setup as the CST?

Set up for the CST and Bobcat are the same with the same torch, etc. The main difference is that the CST has lift arc which keeps the current and voltage low until an arc is struck, then it will go to preset current. The Bobcat does not have lift arc so it will go to preset current while scratch starting which leads to the tip of the Tungsten sticking into the base material. I hope this answered your question.
    Have a great day!

John Leisner
    Product Manager
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
    Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
    Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
    Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137