Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    43

    Smile New Pipeline in Canada to the US?

    Hey Just out of Curiosity, I heard from a few people that there might be a pipeline from Canada to the United States.. Does anyone know anything about this? where its running from, and where to?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Google- Denali pipeline

    Its all still in the works.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

    Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

    Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rig Hand View Post
    Its all still in the works.
    Still in the works eh? Any idea how far it is? Whats left, or if its already gone through British Columbia?

    does anyone know how many pipelines are going on at the moment now anyways?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mount Clemens,Mi
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Don't now about that one. But the one from Sarina to Indiana that leaked a million gallons of oil into the river at Marshall Michigan.They new it was leaking for 24 hours but didn't shut the flow off, till they were told were the leak was. Looks to be having other problems with the poor condition the pipe is in. And they are tightening the vise on them about the damage to the part that runs under the river that was hit by a lake freighter and badly dented and beat up. As they didn't repair or protect it as promised.

    Along with the leaking gasoline pipe line running across the state contaminating the ground water in a couple of locations.
    Has some of the greenie groups jumping, up and down with their eye bulging like frogs on a hot plate!

    It sounds like they will be tied up in court for a while. After one of the Canadian executives got on the tube during a press conference. And was telling the people with oil up to the backs of their houses they were over reacting. Just like the BP people It sounds like they will be reviewing, all current and any new plans.

    So you may want to stay or take any hob till they start work on it.
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PTsideshow View Post
    Don't now about that one. But the one from Sarina to Indiana that leaked a million gallons of oil into the river at Marshall Michigan.They new it was leaking for 24 hours but didn't shut the flow off, till they were told were the leak was. Looks to be having other problems with the poor condition the pipe is in. And they are tightening the vise on them about the damage to the part that runs under the river that was hit by a lake freighter and badly dented and beat up. As they didn't repair or protect it as promised.

    Along with the leaking gasoline pipe line running across the state contaminating the ground water in a couple of locations.
    Has some of the greenie groups jumping, up and down with their eye bulging like frogs on a hot plate!

    It sounds like they will be tied up in court for a while. After one of the Canadian executives got on the tube during a press conference. And was telling the people with oil up to the backs of their houses they were over reacting. Just like the BP people It sounds like they will be reviewing, all current and any new plans.

    So you may want to stay or take any hob till they start work on it.
    Embridge is known for buying old pipelines and running them into the ground.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

    Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

    Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Posts
    279

    Default

    The last word on the Denali pipeline is 2013 that I've heard.
    It will run from north-eastern Alaska thru to northern B.C. to tie into existing mainlines around Ft. Nelson/ Ft. St. John.

    From what I understand most of the central/southern B.C. has already been done in the form of "futures " on the facilities and existing pipelines.

    It will be a long-a** line but you will have to be in the Yukon or Alaska to work on it.
    Big Blue 400D
    Trailblazer 302
    Miller S-32 suitcase
    12VS suitcase
    Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
    Victor torches
    Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
    Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
    Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mount Clemens,Mi
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rig Hand View Post
    Embridge is known for buying old pipelines and running them into the ground.
    Yep but might be not for long, seems their lawyers did something stupid to the people with oil in their yards. They made them sign a paper saying that if they paid their expenses the people wouldn't sue them. Which is illegal to do, so now they are having the Attorney Generals both fed and state look into their practices.

    Along with a senate hearing on them! looks like another one may bite the dust!
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KANSAS
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rednostalgia View Post
    Still in the works eh? Any idea how far it is? Whats left, or if its already gone through British Columbia?

    does anyone know how many pipelines are going on at the moment now anyways?
    Still in the works as is they are still planing and discussing the idea, no actual work yet, maybe 2012 or 13
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

    Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

    Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.