Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And just a reminder, that all hole saws have different mounting systems. I must have 6 different brands due to not being able to get the proper size when needed. So if its not the brand you own buy a mandrel while getting the saw part. The Lenox brand are bad right out of the package.
    glen, If your not on the edge, your wasting space

Have you considered a slugger bit?

I am a fan of holesaws but these come in handy as well:

http://www.harborfreight.com/knockou...kit-91201.html

I also love step bits.

http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Titanium.../dp/B000FZ2UOY
    Import FanatiX Car Club (My Family) www.ifxcc.com

MM135
    MM350P
    DYN200DX
    Big Window Black
    Contractor Kit
    Lots of questions.............................

what equipment do you have drill press, mill, lathe, mag drill??
    File Rock.
    I would set it in my fadal mill program and let it rip
    In the field i would clamp it in my vice on the back of my truck.
    set up my mag drill rough it with a 3/4 em then finish it with a 1/2 in boring bar mounted in a boring head and finish.

Good luck

I dont know about all your hole saws, but i have several brands too. And none of them cut that great a hole. Funny, they all seem to "wobble" some. Good at cutting a rough hole but not if has to be perfect. But i'd beat on a go cart frame, its probably good, or do like someone else said and cut a smaller hole and file away..
    Last edited by HMW; 10-05-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: spelling
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Unless I send the pieces to an actual machine shop to be chucked up on a mill, it doesn't get much more accurate than this for me: http://www.hougen.com/