Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Jsrcgsr,
    Thanks for the offer but I like its appearance.
    It is easy to do and keeps you TIG welding that silver stuff.

Thanks for the kind words.

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Hi Burnt Hands,
    I try to make my posts fun and inspiring.
    Working ali is easy, think of it like timber, you can just about use the same tools.
    I only give my ali projects a quick S/S wire brush and a wipe with an acetone damp rag.
    I melted a lot of practise 1/8" plate when I started and that is what you have to do, but after a while it all comes together.

Thanks for the knid words

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt hands View Post
    jigantor,

Your posts and projects are always fun to read and inspiring.

I too have a "plastic" foot control for my Dynasty and plan to replace it with a steel version from SSC Controls should it break.

Wish I was as good working with alum as you are.

I am fair with tig on stainless but alum is a tough nut to crack for me.

It seems I need to clean my pieces to operating room standards for tigging alum and perhaps I will get ok welds.

I will say that my Dynasty has made it much easier for me to tig alum compared to my old Airco Heliwelder IV.

But, if I didn't have anything to do for practice what fun would that be!!
    I have an SSC pedal for my XMT 304...It is well worth it, and made from steel!
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

I TIG welded the corners and linished the welds down back to a round nose corner, that way there will be nothing to catch my boot on.
    I gave the welds a very quick hit with some 240 grit wet and dry sand paper and an even faster touch with the polishing wheel just for the photos. After all this is going to get treated like a door mat.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

Looks nice Jig.

I bought a couple pedals from SSC & feel they are far superior to Miller's plastic version.

If that pedal ever craps out, that's exactly what I would do.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Hi 7A749,
    I used the Miller steel peddle last night.
    Very strong and possitive.
    It felt expensive but bulletproof.

Attached is an image of me using the peddle only a few minutes ago.

Ji
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grip it and Rip it

Quote Originally Posted by Jigantor View Post
    Hi 7A749,
    I used the Miller steel peddle last night.
    Very strong and possitive.
    It felt expensive but bulletproof.

Attached is an image of me using the peddle only a few minutes ago.

Ji
    Now, if you can fabricate a set of toe guard covers out of that plate for your boots....

THAT would indeed be impressive..

Looks super. Now, beat the crap out of it!!
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Hi 7A749,
    I agree with your suggestion.
    I will stand on it as often as possible.
    It gives good grip when in a side on position.
    The only thing that is wrong with it is it is camouflaged against the floor. To find it I just follow the cable until it ends.

Ji
    Last edited by Jigantor; 08-24-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Grip it and Rip it