Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default MILLER BOBCAT 225g plus question

I Just purchased a new old bobcat 225g plus welder with 150 hours on it,still on the original bottom pallet still bolted to it? runs and welds as good as it looks,it still has the plastic on the faceplate..It has an onan 16 hp motor, when were these made? Did I make a good move by puchasing an older machine? Do they still make parts for them? Looks like a great old classic ? My gut told me to go for it! what do you all think?

Default With a little help from the brotherhood of welders! Maybe?

Well fellas it ended up being a new old 1997 year model,w/ p216 onan engine its a real classic!i probably will never find another one in this life! Maybe someone on this forum can tell me if its ok to use quaker 5-50 synthetic oil year round in it being an older model or what oil should i use for year round service here in the northeast i am doing a pm on it soon only because its been sitting. Whats the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog1 View Post
    Well fellas it ended up being a new old 1997 year model,w/ p216 onan engine its a real classic!i probably will never find another one in this life! Maybe someone on this forum can tell me if its ok to use quaker 5-50 synthetic oil year round in it being an older model or what oil should i use for year round service here in the northeast i am doing a pm on it soon only because its been sitting. Whats the deal?
    5w-50 synthetic is what Cruizer recommends and it is what I am using in mine.

Griff

Default Thanks griff

Got it tore down now, just about spotless! Got the tune up kit today etc. With the onan filter have 5-50 oil! Do you or anyone know the cross over filter number for maybe a fram filter for the p216 for future reference? Thanks in advance birddog1

Default saludos

Hola mi nombre es ismael y vivo en Mexico, tengo una maquina soldadora miller bobcat 225g y tengo problemas con el ensendido, entiendo que aqui solamente hablan el ingles pero con suerte alguien habla espaņol y podria darme algun consejo gracias.

Default Download the owners manual

and get the numbers for the filters. NAPA and Advance crossed my filters
    for my `89 legend with onan 218. Just did a complete tune up. Check the fuel lines
    mine were shot. Found the fuel lines when I changed the fuel filter.
    Hope this helps.

old but new

I just bought the same machine and i need to find a parts manual. I want to do a tune up,filters,plugs,wires,oil change. I checked e-bay and came up with nothing.Anybody know where i can get my hands on one of these manuals?

Default Down load manuals from this site

Use the serial # from the machine.

Old but New

You can get anything you need for that Onan from member onanparts.com http://onanparts.com/. TJ also has engine service and parts manuals available as well.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Default Help on the way

Quote Originally Posted by ISMAEL View Post
    Hola mi nombre es ismael y vivo en Mexico, tengo una maquina soldadora miller bobcat 225g y tengo problemas con el ensendido, entiendo que aqui solamente hablan el ingles pero con suerte alguien habla espaņol y podria darme algun consejo gracias.
    ISMAEL, I have a friend at the welding shop that speakes spanish and will try to help with your welder.
    I sent him your post and and he will send a post in spanish for you.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob Miller; 11-10-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    8-RC
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus