Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Need A356 tig rods

where can I buy a356 aluminum tig rods.I have not been able to get from the local weld suppliers around here they say that they can not order them with out ordering 60 lbs. and the price for 60 lbs. is over $ 2000.00 Welding supply .com has them listed for 30 dollars per lb no min. when I add them to my order They said no longer made.shipped everything I orderd, but the A356.I really need a few pound in my shop as someone is always bring in cast aluminum items that need repair.

Me too. If you find a place a post

Arrow Try these two suppliers......................

Quote Originally Posted by popsfarming View Post
    where can I buy a356 aluminum tig rods.I have not been able to get from the local weld suppliers around here they say that they can not order them with out ordering 60 lbs. and the price for 60 lbs. is over $ 2000.00 Welding supply .com has them listed for 30 dollars per lb no min. when I add them to my order They said no longer made.shipped everything I orderd, but the A356.I really need a few pound in my shop as someone is always bring in cast aluminum items that need repair.
    http://www.lawires.com/

http://www.astrolite.com/

You could also try Indiana Oxygen (the main branch in Indianapolis) , maybe they would be the first choice costwise.

4043 works well for a356, it color matches well and takes any heat treatment that is to be done after welding.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000