Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

just keep in mind even if youdo use 8 or 10 gage for your part of the new wireing, the part in the wall is still only 12 gage at best and possibly 14 depending on the circuit and the building ages who knows what might be in the wall. best thing to do would be get a maxsyar or dyn and run it of 120V at the dryer outlet as its likely to be the only thing on it and a 20 amp circuit. although it too could be almost anything one would hope it to be the best option. those welders were made for this situation. take advantage of it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    just keep in mind even if youdo use 8 or 10 gage for your part of the new wireing, the part in the wall is still only 12 gage at best and possibly 14 depending on the circuit and the building ages who knows what might be in the wall. best thing to do would be get a maxsyar or dyn and run it of 120V at the dryer outlet as its likely to be the only thing on it and a 20 amp circuit. although it too could be almost anything one would hope it to be the best option. those welders were made for this situation. take advantage of it.

Exactly
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default Walker

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    We need to hook this guy up with the guy that built his own welder from microwave parts, that guy was a piece of work too. I think they would make a good pair, and perhaps he could make this guy some sort of power transmogrifier to get him the power he needs.
    Your talking about Moody,,Good Kid!!!!!!!!Hes now working as a apprentis for a real electrican!!!!!!!!!,Jack

Default Grump2

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy2 View Post
    Yea and I know a guy in NY selling a bridge and another in NV selling ocean front property. My point? Anybody can sell a fool anything.

This came from the website: "The Quick 220TM power tap technically uses the fact that 220 / 240 volts AC is supplied to most facilities. The 220 / 240 volts is divided into 110/120 volt circuits for distribution within the building. Using standard 110 / 120 volt outlets and the Quick 220, the user can quickly identify and connect to the separated 110 / 120 volt halves of the original 220 / 240, restoring the 220/240 volt AC option without adding new electrical circuits or wiring to the building."

I'm no electrician but if I read this thing correctly (and tempraiser you would be wise to read it carefully also) without having 240 already in the building the blame thing won't work. And I'm sure some help desk jockey will tell you it will work. Just my 2.
    Hey,My bridge is almost sold!!!!!!!!

"I need advice as to what CAN be done and what is too unsafe or impossible".

Tempriser,

If you haven't seen enough by now to answer your initial question, pls tell me you live in a single family dwelling and you are not going to put other peoples lives in your building in danger by doing this.

Without having 240, the little outlet adapter thing won't work. No two ways about it.

I also wired all of my double gang outlets on double legs so as to have 20A 240 available at every existing single phase outlet in the shop with the exception of an outlet mounted high on the wall for the stereo.

Since most of these circuits are on GFI's I'll need to replace those in the event I need to utilize this design, but that's all there is to it.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Here's my take on this. Yep, you can combine 2 110 outlets for 220 if they are on different legs in the box. Would I do this he!! no. Let me go back to Tempraiser's first post. Would you be up to your knees in danger? I think so. I addressed your question but it doesn't matter since I'm not a mod here.

Tempraiser, are you a lawyer, aka Joe Buffalo?? If not, you should be!! You and he share so many qualities. He has the honor of being the one person on my ignore list.
    Jim

Smile The more I read . . .

The more I read this thread I have to think . . . What does Tempriser really want, an answer . . . No I don't think so, this is merely a form of entertainment for an egghead engineer . . . .

Tempriser, this board is full of people who love to weld...some are pros, some are hobbiest from all walks of life . . . we all have friends, neighbors & co-workers to turn to for info on ANYTHING . . . .

Why is it so hard for you to accept that what you want to do is unsafe...

You do not tell us what your background is, ie . . profession or education.

Nor do you tell us your location . . . .

I THINK YOU ARE A TROLL ! ! ! !
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

I haven't said anything for a while. I really want to know if anyone has more experience with paralleling. I talked to the Miller guys and they didn't have a whole lot of information. Has anyone modified a pedal to control two tigs?

Default Do I Dare?!?!?

I was thinking about paralleling my wiener... A swift hack with the ol' axe and I might be able to pee into two seperate urinals.....from 10 feet away....
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)