Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bucket Tipper"

Well, I'm happy to report that the bucket tipper served it's purpose. It was actually a bigger convenience than I expected. I did not use much of the paint out of that 5 gallon bucket but thanks to the tipper (and a screw on pouring spout) I did not loose a drop due to spillage. I could have poured with it sitting on the living room carpet.....

The mixer stand worked as well. But, as could only be expected there is a good bit of dripping from the "beater" once you raise it up out of the paint. I just put a bucket of water under it, lowered it back down and ran the mixer for a minute which cleaned the mixer like new.

I am not a painter, and do very little painting other than with a rattle can so when I get that mixer stand back home I plan to make adapters to use it for other purposes. It needs a heavier base and since the upright is simply 2" tubing and the drill holder is bolted to a short bit of receiver tube which will slide on the upright post, it would not be hard to adapt the stand to just about any use that I can imagine. The bucket tipper will probably end up being the permanent storage location for a 5 gallon can of kerosene or diesel for the salamander when it gets home.
    Larry

"I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
    Lincoln Weldpac 100
    Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
    Miller Spool gun 100
    Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
    Victor Super Range II

I like it! Don't often deal with 5 gallon cans, but dealing with 1 gallon cans into a mixing cup is hard enough.

Default 55 gal drum pour

Quote Originally Posted by dppmfg View Post
    that would make pouring the coolant in to a five gallon bucket much easier wonder if i could make one for 55 gal. Hmmm
    this is one i made for 55 or 35 gal drum
    Attached Images Attached Images