Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Mittler bros tubing notcher

not sure if this is the best place to post this...but im looking for a mittler bros tubing notcher (end mill style notcher) and dont really wanna pay the 4 grand for a new one...if anyone out there is interested in selling one or knows someone that may be or even a good place to buy a used one...please let me know, and also what the price would be...thanks

Default Why not a Lathe?????

Why not get a lathe? a lathe will do the fishmouthing that a dedicated machine will plus a million things more... and for a lot less money... there is a huge selection of older lathes available used for well under 1K..... I paid $400 for my 13x60 South Bend, fully tooled, including taper attachment etc.... I see these deals all the time on CL and the local pennysavers....
    just a thought
    Heiti

Here is a quick tube adaptor for lathe

http://homemetalshopclub.org/project.../fishmouth.pdf

And an interesting thread on Practical Machinist

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...thread-186971/

Pics of some Adaptors..

http://www.stagesmith.com/gallery/sh...her/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by t chassis View Post
    not sure if this is the best place to post this...but im looking for a mittler bros tubing notcher (end mill style notcher) and dont really wanna pay the 4 grand for a new one...if anyone out there is interested in selling one or knows someone that may be or even a good place to buy a used one...please let me know, and also what the price would be...thanks
    Hey T Chassis, you get around brother....I saw your post on the OFN also. I'll tell you this, you can't go wrong with the Mittler Bros.Ultimate Notcher....we have one and we love it! We too in the past used 'hole saw type' notchers...actually went through 3 different brands before purchasing our Ultimate Notcher. We notch both aluminum and moly so we got the variable speed option along with the adjustable height vice.

Good luck on your search!

Benderboy

Quote Originally Posted by t chassis View Post
    race-dezert.com look in the classified ads under tools of course there is one for sale i think 2500